Mortgage with an IVA
Can i get a mortgage with an IVA ?
Can I get a mortgage with a recently cleared IVA ? = Yes – you CAN get a mortgage with a recently cleared IVA
Firstly navigating the mortgage application process can be complex. Especially when you have a low credit score due to an IVA. So working with a mortgage broker can make the process much smoother and increase your chances of getting approved.
Secondly, a mortgage broker works with lenders who are more likely to consider their unique financial circumstances. Equally they can help you gather the necessary documentation. Complete the application accurately, and negotiate with lenders on your behalf.
Additionally, a broker can offer valuable advice on improving your credit and increasing your chances of qualifying for a mortgage after an IVA.
What is maximum mortgage I can get ?
Tips for finding a mortgage lender after an IVA
Equally It can be hard to find a lender who will lend to someone who has had an IVA, but it’s not impossible. Here are some tips to help you find a lender who can offer you a mortgage after an IVA:
- Seek professional advice: Consult with a mortgage advisor or broker who has experience working with clients who have gone through an IVA. They can provide valuable insights and help you identify lenders who are more likely to approve your application.
- Also be prepared for slightly higher interest rates. Due to the higher risk lending to individuals with low credit scores, you may be offered a mortgage with a higher interest rate. Be prepared for this possibility and factor it into your budget. dont panic though its typically only 2%+ above std rates
Call us to Discuss your IVA Mortgage
Above all a deposit of 10% to 30% is crucial when it comes to qualifying for a mortgage after an IVA. A larger deposit not only increases your chances of getting approved but also reduces the amount you need to borrow. This can result in lower monthly mortgage payments and potentially a lower interest rate.
Certainly start saving for your down payment as soon as possible. Cut back on unnecessary expenses and outgoings. Remember, the more you can put towards your deposit, the better your chances of qualifying for a mortgage with a recently cleared IVA .
IVA Mortgage FAQ's?
Yes, we have whole of market access. As we are an independent brokerage, and not tied directly to a group of lenders, We are good at helping people choose the right mortgage from lots of different options. We search for the best options for each person that suit their individual financial situations.
No we are a mortgage advice practice. So we are not tied to any one lenders dels or criteria. We can assess your case across all the lenders we work with. and find the best match.
Well legally you dont have to use an advisor to help you find a mortgage. – although some lenders are ‘intermediary only’ meaning they actually dont deal direct with the public.
But the biggest reason to use an advisor is to hand over some of the stress and hassle. You could go shopping to each of 20 lenders .. spend an hour or two, with each of their advisors and see if they say “yes we can lend ” or ” sorry computer says no “ , after 5 or 6 attempts you might strike it lucky and not have to go through the rest of the 20 lenders…. but did you get ‘the best deal’ or did you just settle as you didnt have time to go through all 20 lenders ( ps we have way more than 20 lenders ! at last count it was nearer 100 ! )
ps we dont actually trudge to each lender, we have sophisticated proprietary software that shows us all lenders deals and filters against criteria for both property and applicant.
Book a call back ....
How to qualify for a mortgage after an IVA
So here are some steps to improve your chances of getting approved for a mortgage with a recently cleared IVA :
- Save for a larger deposit: Increasing your deposit can help offset the risk associated with your previous financial difficulties. Lenders will be more willing to approve your mortgage application if you have a larger stake in the property.
- Demonstrate stable income: Lenders want to see that you have a stable source of income to ensure you can afford the mortgage payments.
- Equally Work with a mortgage broker: They can help you navigate the application process and connect you with lenders who specialize in working with individuals with low credit scores. They can also provide guidance on improving your credit and increasing your chances of approval.
- Consider a guarantor or joint mortgage: If your credit score is still not strong enough to qualify for a mortgage on your own, you may consider having a guarantor or applying for a joint mortgage with a partner or family member who has a stronger credit profile.
Understanding an Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA)
Subsequently If you have found yourself in a difficult financial situation and have been unable to repay your debts, you may have considered an Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA) as a way to regain control of your finances. An IVA is a legally binding agreement between you and your creditors, which allows you to make affordable monthly payments towards your debts over a fixed period of time. While an IVA can provide you with the opportunity to become debt-free, it is important to understand the impact it can have on your credit score. As a Result a mortgage with a recently cleared IVA is achievable.
The impact of an IVA on your credit score
So when you enter into an IVA, it will be recorded on your credit file for a period of six years. This means that during this time, lenders and financial institutions will be able to see that you have previously had difficulties repaying your debts. As a result, your credit score is likely to be negatively affected, making it more challenging to obtain credit in the future, including a mortgage. Consequently at that time people arent asking – Can I get a mortgage with a recently cleared IVA?
Rebuilding your credit score after an IVA
So while an IVA can have a significant impact on your credit score, it is not the end of the road. There are steps you can take to improve your credit score and increase your chances of qualifying for a mortgage after an IVA.
To begin rebuilding your credit so you can get a mortgage with a recently cleared IVA. Firstly start by obtaining a copy of your credit report. This will allow you to see the areas that need improvement. Additionally it will identify any errors that may be negatively impacting your score. Addressing these errors can make a noticeable difference in your creditworthiness.
Secondly, focus on making all of your payments on time. This includes not only your monthly bills but also any outstanding debts that were not included in your IVA. By consistently making payments, you demonstrate to lenders that you have become more financially responsible and are capable of managing your debts. As a Result a mortgage with a recently cleared IVA is achievable.